Pages

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Show me the way

It's so funny how I always second-guess myself when I make certain decisions - whether big or small. A few times in my life I've made big decisions, second-guessed, and then things happening around me convinced me that yes, I did make the right decision in the first place. It's happening now - kind of cool actually. What's not funny is that Ava has spent 2 out of the last 3 nights in our bed. Her cousin Alyssa (turning 6 today...better call her) decided to delight her with a story about how birds watch for doors left open, and then call all of their bird friends to join them in entering the house and cook the resident in the oven. Every night Ava asks if I'm SURE that I've shut all the doors. The other night Pete & I were trying to convince her that birds COULD not put her in the oven...he said that birds are more scared of us than we are of them...you know how birds fly away when they get close? I said, birds have wings - they don't have hands to put you in the oven. To which Ava replied: "Yes, mom, but they have FEET that they use to grab things...." Thanks lissy. :) The best, though, had to be when Ava was originally telling me the scary tale, Alyssa stood behind her with a little smirk on her face. Hilarious! Can't wait for Ava to tell Michaela!

No comments: