Pages

Monday, September 7, 2009

My kids

One purpose for this blog is so that I can keep track of things my girls say (things that I find very adorable, and of course I am not biased at all) Here's a few recent things: Today we were outside and Michaela kept saying "hot dog. hot dog." The girl has never eaten a hot dog in her whole 21 months of existence, so I could not figure out why she was asking me for a hot dog. We came in the house and she says, "hot dog. fifi." Fifi = t.v. Light bulb came on: She wanted to watch the Hot Dog Dance which is at the end of Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. Now, the kid ONLY likes the theme songs for tv shows. She could care less about what comes in between the opening song and the closing song. Except of course for "pat pat" she loves counting and yelling "Bas off!" (That's Little Einsteins in case you are totally out-of-it when it comes to kids tv) The other totally cute thing she does is play hide and seek. She "covers" her eyes and says, "One...twooo....sick" then yells something and runs off looking for "sis." "Where she go?" (oh, and sick = six) I did count with her the other day and she made it to ten. Not too bad. Now my little darling Ava spent the last 2 nights at Jill-Jill's house with her cousins. (Steve & Kelly are in Florida.) Today Jill tells me that at 6:30 a.m. Ava came into her room, handed her her underpants and said, "these are wet." Ava has not wet the bed in, well, ever. For those of you thinking, "oh, you are so lucky she doesn't wet the bed," this child was in no way interested in potty training until January of this year when she went to "school." She was 3 years and 4 months old. And she pooped in her pants until June. So, I think having consistently dry nights is a pretty fair trade for a 3 year old saying "going on the potty is not for me." In any event, later in the day I asked Ava if she wet her pants. She said, "On this day's night? Yes, I did." I said, what happened? She said, "I just don't know. I woke up and found myself naked in the bed. Then I found my underpants on the floor and they were wet." I said, "Well, did you pee in the bed?" Her response, "No. I just tooted a little." My guess is she got up to go and didn't quite make it in time. That happens to little girls...big girls, too...unless they do their kegels.

No comments: