Pages

Friday, September 18, 2009

The Birthday

Ava had a great day yesterday. (Check out pics here.)When she woke up I sang happy birthday to her. She said, "Is today my birthday?" and started bouncing up and down on her bed when I confirmed that, indeed, it was September 17. (The day before she said - "Is my birthday after this day's night?") She then stood up on her bed and said to me: "Am I bigger?" Definitely. We had cinnamon rolls and hot cocoa for breakfast; went to story time at Barnes & Noble and picked up Purplicious (the sequel to Pinkalicious); had lunch at Cici's Pizza - her fav mac-n-cheese pizza; took a birthday nap; had cousins, grandpa, Auntie Kelly, Auntie Jen, Miss Jacki and crew for dinner/cake. A great day. When she woke up from her nap she said, "Am I still 4?" Yes, Ava. "I'm not 3 anymore - right?" To say that she loved her easel would be an understatement. Her summary: This is the best birthday EVER!
1st Birthday 2d Birthday
3rd Birthday 4th Birthday

1 comment:

Adrienne Zwart said...

You must be the coolest mom ever--what a great birthday full of fun activities! Happy belated birthday to Ava.