Pages

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

What I'm reading this month

I'm trying to read more now that the kids are only attached to me 22 hours a day instead of 24.  Pete even bought me a clip-on book light so that I don't ruin my eyes...well any more than they are already ruined from a childhood of voracious reading, followed by a lit/writing major in college, and then 3 years of law school. Here's my current reading list, as I know you are MOST interested:

recently read:

Saving Cee Cee Honeycutt - I really liked this book a lot - even read during the Olympics
Best Friends Forever by Jennifer Weiner - an easy read with way too much gratuitous sex (which I define as completely unrelated to the plot and only exposes the writer's....well, I'll stop there).
The Pioneer Woman Cooks by Ree Drummond - well, don't you read cookbooks?  Loved it.  I'm going to actually buy it.

currently reading:

Love is an Orientation by Andrew Marin - he spoke at our church; maybe I need a paradigm shift.
Look Again by Lisa Scottoline
Crazy Love by Frances Chan - determined to finish this month

on my desk:

The Help by Kathryn Stockett
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn by Betty Smith
Juliet, Naked by Nick Hornby - why?  because my friend Flo started a blog & mentioned this title.  it intrigued me.
Same Kind of Different as Me

We are headed to our vacation house in Michigan later this month, so I plan to sit and read while other people watch my kids. 

No comments: