Pages

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Cupcake Day

Well, the BIG DAY has finally arrived.  Tomorrow is cupcake day.  Cupcake day is the day we leave for Michigan.  Named "cupcake day" because we marked the day on the calendar with a cupcake sticker. Yes, I made the mistake of telling Ava we were going to Michigan and have had to live through almost 2 1/2 weeks of "how many more days...."  You would think that I would have learned something for the 4 week countdown to the big sleepover at Auntie Jill's.  But, no, I did not.  I just put a cupcake sticker on the day we leave, and we've been crossing of days ever since.

Much like the sleepover adventure, Ava packed her suitcase 3 days ago.  This was after asking for several days if she could pack it.  I kept telling her no - she tends to pack all of her underwear - and then she "got smart."  Hmmmm.....let's use this cute little blonde-haired-blue-eyed girl..."Mom!  Michaela wants to pack our suitcase for Michigan.  Is that ok?"  Well, if Michaela wants to, then go ahead.  Earlier today I unpacked it to see exactly what she thought was important enough to take to Michigan:

  • 8 pairs of pajamas, including her halloween bat pajamas and random pajama bottoms with no matching top
  • 10 pairs of underwear ("in case I pee my pants")
  • 1 pair of pants
  • 4 shirts
  • a dinosaur (a tyranosaurus to be exact) + plastic dino eggs
  • a few large checkers
  • 1 necklace
  • a plastic cell phone that has lipgloss inside ("so that I can look beautiful")
  • a dolphin beanie baby
  • a few random Littlest Pet Shop pets and pieces
Of course, there was absolutely nothing of Michaela's in the suitcase (except for the Littlest Pet Shop pieces).  In addition to packing early, I been flooded with "When we go to Michigan can I bring...[cat cookies, gum, suckers, milk, nightgown that is far to big for her, etc., etc."

I hope this trip meets her expectations.  And note to self:  don't tell her in advance that we are going ANYWHERE!

No comments: