Pages

Monday, June 14, 2010

Being Ava

Ava started VBS today.  She's been waiting for a whole year.  She LOVED VBS last year, and couldn't wait to go back.  She also has swimming lessons starting tomorrow, and next Wednesday she starts soccer for a few weeks.  She also started kindergarten Sunday school yesterday.  When I was telling her about all of this she says:  "Wow.  I finally have things to do like a big girl!"  Yeah - I'm pretty much an un-scheduler.  I prefer to take each day as it comes without having too many plans.  Just a few goals that can be passed to the next day if needed.

The other night I was telling Pete about Ava's "schedule," specifically swimming lessons and the fact that I scheduled them from 7:00 p.m. - 7:45 p.m. so (a) the pool would be warm and (b) classes smaller since most 4 year olds are getting ready for bed around that time.  Ava was eavesdropping as usually and says "Won't I be tired?"  I said, "No.  You are always up late."  She said:  "Mom.  I'm not a trolodon!"  Me:  "What's that?"  Ava:  "A dinosaur that likes to stay up late."  (Trolodon = Troodon.  Not sure if it really liked to stay up late, but according to Dinosaur Train, it did.)

No comments: