Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

I am a bad blogger.  I want to be a good blogger, but somehow, I cannot seem to find consistent motivation.  Maybe it's because I lack interesting thoughts to write about.  Maybe it's because blogger is really annoying me lately - I hit enter and the cursor doesn't move.  That will do anyone in.

The girls have discovered silly bandz.  Not a bad "prize," really.  Better than the $100 I dropped on an American Girl doll recently.  (Ava's prize for ceasing thumb-sucking.)

Michaela thinks that I am her personal servant.  Seriously.  The other day she barked out her order for water.  After requiring a more mannerly request, I gave it to her.  She was sitting on the couch.  The coffee table was oh, maybe 6 inches from where she was sitting.  Yeah she's small, but she could have bent over and put the water on the table.  Oh, no.  That would be too much physical exertion for my blond-haired-blue-eyed princess (who has discovered her charms at the young age of 2).  I was sitting in the office trying to get out a few e-mails (work, actually).  She yelled, "MOM!  I'M ALL DONE WITH MY WATER."  I told her to put it on the table - this went back and forth a few times.  Until I got so irritated that I got up, took the water and accidentally dumped it on her. Yeah, maybe I over-reacted, but this "you are my slave" routine is getting a bit old.  Am I a bad mom?  Nope.  I don't think so.  A bad mom would have poured the water on her head.  ha ha.  She got the point. :)   I love my kiki.  Although she's started wiping my kisses off of her face - I find it annoying.  She thinks it's hysterical.

1 comment:

Adrienne Zwart said...

LOL
Funny how they want to express their independence in some areas - getting dressed, brushing their own teeth, etc. but not in everything. As frustrating as it is, she's saying she still needs you, just not those icky kisses. :)